Wednesday, 30 October 2013

CPR Is Fun Too. Even On A Mannequin Named Steve

Hello Readers,

Today at school I took a CPR course. Lucky for me I got to take it with two of my best friends, Hannah and Talitha. Between the three of us, we had a fun lesson. Mr. Thompson, who taught us, is a great instructor. He may only have qualifications to teach us the basics but I liked the lesson because he managed to both scare us (me) silly about life in general, namely the up-coming Schoolies, as well as inspire us all to learn more about CPR so that, if we need to, we can begin the steps to save a life.

He was clear and precise as well as funny. A great combo. I am glad I decided to take the course today instead of holding it off. Today was the last actual school day to do it. otherwise I think there was the option of doing it during exam block. No way!

On another note, I handed in my last ever Drama assignment. It was a bit rushed but somehow I pulled a rabbit out of a hat and I am much happier with the last minute changes I made to the script I had already written. The new version was a hundred times better. Which is another proof to myself that some of my best high-tension creative works come within the last minute. I don't recommend making a habit of it, however, as I felt like I would have a heart-attack. The teachers don't like it much either really.

So now I only have one more assignment and some exams. Then I can relax. I plan on being on track and ahead of time for them so that I can take it easy and really enjoy this free time with my friends and some other people whose company I enjoy, yet highly doubt I will see much of in the future.

There will be plenty of parties wherein I plan to bring lollies, a gingerbread house for my German class to decorate and some sort of creative food for my art class. It must be creative so that we can all bring in food because, technically, we are not allowed to have class 'parties'. OH&S stuff. Bleh. We gonna rock our own party.

In the mean time I am going to work on that last assignment.

CuriousChesha

No comments:

Post a Comment